Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 5- Response to Todd's Blog:

I enjoyed Todd's thoughts on ethnicity, race, and nation. I thought it was interesting also that Barker raised some interesting thoughts about "switching of cultural codes." I would like to comment on his thoughts about "missional Christians might need to acculturate their identity." I find his thoughts intriguing, but something about it doesn't sit well with me. I'm not sure if we necessarily have to change our identity within different culture settings, yes of course at some level we might, but we must always remain with our identity in Christ. Now should we shift our identity depending on the situation? Maybe. This is a subject that we might be able to discuss further in our in-class conversations to get other classmates' views. Further, "boundary formation," I would agree is dehumanizing in many respects and this would a great conversation to have also. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home