Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 4-Wednesday

Marxism was a topic I didn't know about until our reading for class and then our in-class conversations. One of the things that struck me as interesting during class today was that we were able to discuss this movement in history without any "theological" language, but this is a good thing because it is refreshing to hear simple conversation among each other. This movement was very interesting in that it created a movement of people in society that Marx believed one could see their economic condition and transform their identity. This is interesting because it seemed as though you were in the lower class or upper class and if you were in the lower class who wanted to transform your identity to be something greater, how would you do that? As we explored in class, one could sell land, machinery, or labor, but this was a time that resources were minimal and everything you had was very valuable. This was certainly a tough time in history. Your success was measured on what you had, what you could provide, and how you could use the resources you owned. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi to Everyone my name is Stevie and I live in a place called York in the midlands of England. I have an active interest in the Environment and I like to build [url=http://www.solarpowerforcheap.info]Solar Power For Cheap[/url] systems which which I like to do as a hobby. I look forward to speaking to you all in here soon.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home