Monday, February 04, 2008

Week 4-Response to Harmony's Blog:

After reading the section of ontological faith and moral faith I had the same thoughts as Harmony's thoughts in which I would view the beauty of God's creation, but I didn't consciously think of it. Tillich did have some good thoughts and suggestions for both sides of these issues. I loved Harmony's words, "...to see God through things that are beautiful in nature and art." I tend to think we forget about praising God and being in awe of the Creator simply by viewing the things around us. I agree that both faiths are necessary for a person who is following Jesus. Art is such an incredible form of creativity that I wish I would have been taking more of an appreciation for art years ago rather than just recently. We may miss what God is doing if we don't stop and breathe in the goodness of God.