Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 10-Revised outline of final paper

Moving forward in this project, I will take a closer look at each model for this project (the synthetic and transcendental models). I think both of these models will be useful to appropriately identify the youth culture today in the midst of the influence of popular culture. The synthetic model will guide my thoughts and my writings because the model gives us a better idea of the conversations and movements that occur within human beings and will give me a better understanding of those conversations with this model. The transcendental model will also guide me in this project because the model exists to bring authenticity and transparency with the parties involved. I think this model gives appropriate examples that will enable me to have a better understanding of this model and how it relates to youth culture and the influence of popular culture. 

I will also continue to use other conversations and movements from my experiences with students currently to portray a better grasp on the texts from Bevans, but texts from Barker as well.

This is a very sensitive subject and I want to do my best to portray the influences of the popular culture on the jr high student (youth) culture today. Where will this take me? We'll see.
For the purposes of this project I will focus my energy on the student culture, specifically the jr. high student culture, and pop culture. The setting of this project will be in Los Angeles, California.

I. Examine an aspect of culture: Popular Culture in the students (further examination will come from Barker)
A. Popular Culture in Los Angeles, CA.
B. Popular Culture in the local church
C. Develop and examine a better understanding of popular culture and how it relates to the student culture.

II. Use the Bevans' "transcendental and synthetic model"

III. The church community
A. How will they acknowledge and address the student culture
a. family influence with students
b. internet communities 
B. Focus on "hyper-reality" of local communities and students
C. Global focus on student culture
D. Any movements in support of the student culture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home