Monday, January 21, 2008

Week 2-Response to Ben's post:

Ben brings up an interesting thought, "...but I wonder if it is wise to solely learn about culture from a western perspective." I think since the moment we started school, the western perspective was already ingrained in our lives and as we grow older of course our thoughts, opinions, concerns, and perspectives begin to shift one way or the other. Is it wise? Probably not. I think we should have a holistic and contextual approach to culture. Is there only one western culture? I think that western culture has evolved and taken on new appearances that the western culture is in itself one with many cultures. Also, to comment on Ben's questions regarding language and emotion, I think language and emotion play significant roles in our lives as Christians, especially ones living in western culture and I think our language could ultimately be the deciding factor for those individuals who are seeking for higher truth and meaning in life and the way we express those emotions play just as an important role as language. I think Ben brings up some interesting questions and thoughts for us to explore further. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home